Sallyportal Summer Challenge: Five Ways to Kick Your Summer into Professional Gear
- Post a job, find a job: No matter if you are an alum who is in the job market or are looking for great candidates, Sallyportal is the perfect place to start! We encourage users seeking experienced hires to post opportunities on the Sallyportal message board. Students, the Center for Career Development’s resources are available to you throughout the summer. Login to Handshake and set up a Skype or phone appointment with a career counselor who can help you prepare for your next interview.
- Gain insight for your next career move: As high-achieving Rice students and alumni, you are likely thinking about the next step in your career. Sallyportal is the perfect tool for career exploration. With the search tool, you can see how other Owls with the same degree and major have used their educational experience. Shoot them a message and request advice on taking the next step in your professional path.
- Get involved with a Rice group: Most on-campus organizations and programs remain active during the summer as they prepare for the upcoming semester. Explore campus groups on Sallyportal and get in touch with the ones that pique your interest. Rice groups are always looking for dedicated volunteers to champion their missions, and getting involved is a great way to grow your network
- Tap into some Owl wisdom: The Rice community has much to offer, and Sallyportal provides you with the means to reach out to thousands of Owls! Consider searching for an experienced alum who may have taken a completely different career path than you and reach out to them. Chances are, they’ll have some valuable insights to share.
- Expand your global network: Have an internship in a new city? Going on vacation? Use Sallyportal to reach out to Rice alumni in the area. Consider grabbing coffee with a fellow Owl in a new place, and capitalize on your shared Rice connection.
Log into sallyportal.org today and get networking!
Share your Sallyportal story
Follow us on twitter
The Ultimate Guide to Landing a Job in the New Year - https://t.co/xl7pmaUwMj5 months, 3 weeks ago
Someone in your #network is ghosting. How to follow up with acquaintances who ignore your emails (without being ann… https://t.co/Ay7HHenT2d5 months, 3 weeks ago
5 Tips for Sending the Perfect Job Application Email - https://t.co/6XxdyZgbv85 months, 3 weeks ago