Association of Rice Alumni (ARA)
The purpose of the Association of Rice Alumni (ARA) is to provide the means of a continuing relationship between the university and its former students.
The association strives to stimulate intellectual and social participation of all members of the ARA and to enable them to contribute to and share in the enhancement of the university. In addition, the association endeavors to foster deeper concern among its members for the welfare of the university and to strengthen the bond of understanding between the university and the community.
The ARA is governed by the ARA Board of Directors in conjunction with the Office of Alumni Relations.
Peter and Nancy Huff House
On July 5, 2006, the Office of Alumni Relations moved from its location in the Rice Memorial Center to the Ralph S. O'Connor House. In summer 2009, O'Connor House was renamed the Peter and Nancy Huff House and underwent a renovation and expansion in 2009-10.
Previously home to five Rice presidents since 1949, Huff House now includes Alumni Relations and the Center for Career Development and is a home on campus for alumni.
Rice University, the Association of Rice Alumni and the Office of Alumni Relations are grateful to Anne Baillio '62 and Karen Rogers '68 for co-chairing the campaign for the original renovation of O'Connor House, and to Peter '59 and Nancy Huff for making the current expansion possible.
Huff House is south of Jones College, near campus entrance 1. See the campus map for more information. Visitor parking is available in the Founder's Court Visitor Lot on weekdays and in the Founder's Court and Lovett Lots on weeknights and weekends.