YOUNG ALUMNI AMBASSADORS
Rice Young Alumni Ambassadors serve as official representatives for the Association of Rice Alumni (ARA) and its programs. Through their work, this group of dedicated Owls aims to foster a spirit of involvement among their demographic, assist the ARA in supporting the growing young alumni population and strengthen the relationship between recent graduates and Rice University. Applications for the next term will open summer of 2022.
- Connecting with fellow young alumni in cities around the globe
- Serving as a host, moderator or speaker for events
- Acting as a sounding board for how the ARA can best support young alumni
- Promoting programs on social media and to their own networks of friends
- Working with the Office of Alumni Relations to recommend new ways young alumni can stay involved with Rice, including networking, community service and career development.
All undergraduate and graduate young alumni are encouraged to apply. The title of Young Alumni Ambassador is good for one year, and members may reapply each year as long as they are part of the young alumni cohort. Ambassadors must have graduated from Rice within the past 10 years and have an account on Sallyportal, Rice’s career development and networking hub.
- Assist in promoting and planning young alumni events
- Participate in young alumni events (Alumni Tent at Beer Bike, Young Alumni Life Series, etc.)
- Serve as a resource to other young alumni in your area who are looking to get involved and stay connected to the Rice community
- Stay engaged on social media platforms for @RiceAlumni (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook)
- Attending young alumni ambassador meetings (virtual or in-person)
- Any other duties necessary to successfully execute the mission of Rice Young Alumni Ambassadors