New Alumni Resources
Your time as a Rice Owl doesn’t end at graduation – and that includes your access to resources and support from the Rice community. Connect with other alums, find new traveling partners, utilize the Rice network and more with our New Alumni Resources below.
For community and activity:
For professional development and mentorship:
Developing a strong Rice network where Owls can look for help or offer mentoring is critical for the growth and success of our students and alumni, as well as the institution as a whole. Help us strengthen the Rice network by joining Sallyportal, Rice’s own professional development platform focused on mentorship and making connections. Thousands of alumni, students, parents and campus partners are able to network with each other to give or receive professional advice, explore career and academic options and make connections in hundreds of disciplines and fields. Be sure to check out the Class of 2020 Sallyportal group, an exclusive community where you can connect with fellow members of the Class of 2020 and alumni in other cities!
Center for Career Development: The Rice Center for Career Development is here to educate, connect and empower you as you embark upon your job search during this current recession and beyond. Career counselors and advisors are available to help you with the following during scheduled virtual appointments:
- Determining your future career goals, whether it be an internship, full-time job, graduate school, a gap year or otherwise
- Updating your resume, cover letter and/or graduate school statements
- Creating your online professional presence (LinkedIn and Sallyportal)
- Practicing your interviewing skills
- Finding internship/job search resources and opportunities
- Networking—finding contacts, developing relationships and communicating effectively
- Preparing for grad school admissions
- Navigating Handshake—the CCD’s one-stop online shop for appointments, resources, jobs, events, company contacts and much more!
For continuing your education with the Glasscock School:
- Digital Skills Boot Camps (Data Analytics and Visualization; Cybersecurity; FinTech; Full-stack Web Development; UX/UI; Digital Marketing) – Best for career changers, career enhancers, entrepreneurs, consultants and technical skills for non-technical majors.
- Paralegal Certificate – Best for career changers, graduates interested in the legal profession or as prep for law school.
- Certified Financial Planner Certificate – Best for career changers, financial services professionals and entrepreneurs. Prepares you to take CFP exam and meets education requirements to sit for exam.
- Project Management Professional Certificate – Best for career enhancers, entrepreneurs, engineers, software developers and others with desire to manage projects in a professional, globally-acknowledged framework. Prepares you to sit for PMI’s PMP exam.