The Sallyport Award is presented by the Association of Rice Alumni (ARA) to an undergraduate degree candidate and/or graduate degree candidate who show great promise in carrying forth upon graduation the ARA’s mission of providing a continuing relationship between the university and its former students. The ARA recognizes individuals who have demonstrated one or more of the following:
- Campus Involvement: Displayed loyalty, spirit, and pride in the university through meaningful involvement in programs and activities
- Rice Connections: Fostered strong ties with classmates, faculty or other members of the Rice community beyond their college or department
- Community Engagement: Strengthened the bonds between Rice and the Houston community or other communities outside of Rice
2021 Sallyport Award Recipients
Congratulations to the 2021 Sallyport Award winners, Dani Perdue ’18 ’21 and Chloe Oani ’21 (Lovett)! Read more about how these Owls have made a lasting impact on the Rice community and their continued work with Rice.
2021 Sallyport Award Selection Committee
- Brandi Bridges ’07, Co-Chair
- Matthew Cheney MA '10, Ph.D. ’14, Co-Chair
- Ariana Engles ’20, 2020 Sallyport Award Winner
- Alicia Mangubat-Medina, Ph.D. ’20, 2020 Sallyport Award Winner
- Corey Donovan ’24
- Catalina Gonzalez Duenas, Ph.D. ’23
- Tawfik Jarjour ’12
- Hasti Taghi, M.A. ’18
- Caity Hoover, Assistant Director, Student Engagement
- Alexa Schwartz, Assistant Director, Alumni Programs
Nominations for the 2022 Sallyport Award will be accepted beginning early spring 2022. Any current student, alumnus/a or member of faculty and staff may submit a nomination. Any student who graduates between December 2021 and August 2022 is eligible to receive this award. Please note: multiple nominations for a student are welcome and encouraged. If you plan to nominate yourself, at least one other person must submit a nomination on your behalf.
If you have any questions regarding the nomination process, please contact Alexa Schwartz, Assistant Director, Alumni Programs at 713-348-2856.