Frequently Asked Questions
- Is parking available on campus?
Yes, parking is available on campus. The best spots for Beer Bike are the Greenbriar Lot and West Lot 3. Additional parking can be found at West Lot 4. Please visit parking.rice.edu for information regarding parking rates and facilities for visitors.
- Are children allowed to attend? If so, is there special pricing for children?
Children are welcome to attend, but please keep in mind the environment characteristic of Beer Bike. It is free for children 12 and under to attend.
- Will there be a ticket discount for designated drivers?
There is no ticket discount for individuals who choose not to drink alcohol.
- What is the deadline for receiving a refund?
The deadline for canceling registration and receiving a refund is Wednesday, April 3.
- What do I need to bring?
Please bring a government-issued ID (driver’s license or passport).
- Will you accept Apple Pay or Venmo at any events during the weekend?
No, we are not able to accept payments using Apple Pay or Venmo. Credit and debit payments only.
- Can alumni visit the residential colleges?
No, alumni should not for any reason visit the colleges before, during or after the event.
- Can alumni visit the student viewing sections?
We ask that alumni avoid visiting the student sections. Student viewing sections are reserved for current Rice students.
- Which entrance should alumni use to access the Alumni Tent at Beer Bike?
If entering from the West Lots, please pass through the walkway between the Brian Patterson Sports Performance Center and the Rice Stadium. Guests are not allowed to cross the track and will be instructed to walk around the track to get to their destination.
- Will other food options be served?
Vegan and gluten-free options will be available.
- Where can I pick up my exclusive bucket hat?
Exclusive bucket hats must be picked up at the Alumni Tent at Beer Bike. Hats will not be mailed. One hat per participant.
- Whoo's attending?
Check out a list of everyone who has registered for the Alumni Tent at Beer Bike and make plans to catch up while you're back on campus. Please note that only those who have agreed to appear on the attendee list (via the opt-in included in the registration process) will be included.
- I’m an alumnus interested in judging, volunteering or racing for my college. How do I sign up?
For alumni who wish to participate in this year's race, please complete the Alumni Racer Registration Form by Friday, March 8.
Please note that following registration, alumni who are racing will be expected to report to one of the on-campus registration sites on one of the following dates to pick up their race wristband in person. Physical ID will be required.
- April 4 (Rice Memorial Center - Student Resource Center, lower level), 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- April 5 (Rice Memorial Center - Grand Hall), 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- April 6 (Hackerman Race Track), 8:15 a.m.-9:30 a.m.
For any additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The “Beer” Necessities
Use these tips and tricks to brew up the best Beer Bike experience.
Texas is hot in the spring! Please remember to hydrate. Water will be provided at the Alumni Tent. If you’re feeling overheated, find a shaded area. EMS is located near the track if needed.
Beer will be served at the Alumni Tent. Please note that if you plan to consume alcohol at Beer Bike, a valid government-issued photo ID will be required. Please drink responsibly.