Frequently Asked Questions About Sallyportal
- What is Sallyportal? Is it similar to LinkedIn?
Sallyportal is your virtual connection to the Rice community. It connects alumni, students, parents and faculty/staff members together to promote career exploration, professional development and mentoring.
- What can I do on Sallyportal?
- Look for mentors or mentees through a powerful and searchable professional directory and utilize the communication tools to contact Sallyportal members directly through the site.
- Search for and post alumni-to-alumni jobs.
- Ask for or give career advice through a message board.
- Browse a calendar of networking and professional development events.
- Find and engage with campus groups that best match your interests.
- How do I search for connections?
Using the connect function, you can filter users based on specific criteria (college, major, profession or city). Once you have found someone that you would like to message, click the Send Message button and send an introductory message. It’s that easy!
- How do I post a job to the Alumni Job Board?
All users are able to post a job for free on the Alumni Job Board. Visit the job board and click Post a New Job. If you have jobs or internship opportunities for students, please visit http://ccd.rice.edu/.
How do I set up my account?
Visit www.sallyportal.org and log in using your Facebook or LinkedIn account. You also have the option of creating an account with your email address. When you sign up using your Facebook or LinkedIn account, user information will automatically be populated into your Sallyportal user profile.
- Who can I contact if I have questions?
If you have any questions or need additional assistance, email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.