Sallyportal Usage Guidelines
Mentoring on Sallyportal
As a Sallyportal user, I wish to support the professional development of the Rice network. I understand I must adhere to the highest ethical and professional standards in all personal/digital interactions via Sallyportal. I will:
- Provide accurate information about my professional background, interests, and the logistical details of any planned interactions
- Communicate, dress, and behave professionally and courteously in all mentoring interactions
- Acknowledge calls/messages by responding appropriately and in a timely manner (within 48 hours)
- Attend all scheduled interactions, and provide notice of at least 1 day for canceling a scheduled interaction.
For Jones Graduate School of Business Alumni only: I give Rice University permission to publish data from my Sallyportal profile on the Rice Business Career Development website. This data includes, but is not limited to, my name, profile picture, major, residential college, graduation year, and degree. The purpose of sharing this information is to promote networking between Rice alumni and students of the Jones Graduate School of Business, as well as to facilitate networking connections between Rice alumni. If you no longer want your data published, please contact the Career Development Office at CDO@rice.edu.
Posting to the Sallyportal Main Feed
Thank you for your interest in posting to the Sallyportal message board! Sallyportal is a safe online resource for Rice students, alumni, parents, and friends designed to support the professional development of the Rice community. The following guidelines will ensure the ongoing value and security of this network.
Examples of acceptable message board content include:
- Articles related to professional development.
- Requests for career advice.
- Posts about your professional path and what you can offer other Owls.
- General tips related to professional development.
- Postings about professional development events or volunteer opportunities.
Posts will be deleted if they contain any of the following:
- Discussion of illegal activity or threats of violence.
- Explicit, racist, obscene or vulgar language, images or messages.
- Attacks, insults, defamation or abuse towards other users or Rice University.
- Solicitations, personal promotions, advertising or spam not related to professional development.
- Public contact information. Phone numbers and emails can be shared in a personal message thread, but not on the message board.